Steve joined the University of Surrey in August 2010, having previously been at the University of Reading (Geography) and University of East Anglia (Development Studies). Steve has helped pioneer a number of participatory methodologies for sustainability assessment, including Triple Task. He has been involved in research and sustainable development projects across Europe, the Mediterranean, Africa and Asia.
- Partnerships in sustainable development (including the role of faith based groups)
- Methodologies for stakeholder participation in sustainable development
- Methodologies for assessing sustainability, including indices and indicators
- Natural resource and environmental management
- Agricultural/rural development (including sustainability indicators, sustainable livelihood analysis, integrated pest management, microfinance and the impacts of new technologies such as conventional and genetically modified crop varieties)