Your Business Powered by SpaceThe Runway Visitor Park, Sunbank Lane, Altrincham, UK
From mobile phone apps to construction, from the insurance sector to the lifestyle industry, space applications fuel businesses of all sizes, across every sector of the economy.
The UK’s space sector is valued at £15bn, and due to its strong growth, is on track to be worth £40bn in little over a decade. As well as its prowess in advanced manufacturing, this growth is largely driven by businesses of all sizes, in all sectors, who have gained competitive insight, streamlined processes and created new products and services by leveraging the assets of space, such as GPS data, space-derived imagery and advanced communications.
But how can space be of benefit to your business? And how do you go from innovation, to invoice? The European Space Agency’s Business Applications Regional Ambassador will introduce you, in clear, direct language, to what space has to offer, how it can be utilised and, crucially, to the support available to you from both the public and private sectors.
What kind of businesses should attend?
- Construction & land use
- Logistics & transport
- Utilities, energy & low carbon
- Health & lifestyle
- Advanced manufacturing
- Legal & financial services
The day will be spilt into the following sections (speakers TBA):
- A Brief Introduction to Space Applications – Clear, direct explanations of the space assets available to businesses
- Space in the Real Word – Hear from a range of businesses that already use space to their advantage, followed by an interactive panel discussion to explore commercial challenges and how space applications might overcome them.
- From Innovation to Invoice – Presentations from the organisations tasked with supporting innovation in business
A complimentary lunch will be served, along with tea and coffee throughout the day. The event will end with the opportunity to take an exclusive tour of Concorde.
- Businesses, entrepreneurs and investors interested in the commercial potential of space
- Buyers looking for innovative companies and their services
- Suppliers of disruptive new products and services
- Businesses from all sectors that already use space to their advantage
- Representatives from numerous national and international space agencies, as well as other public funding bodies and existing space stakeholders
ESA Business Applications Regional Ambassador Network
Five regional ambassadors are tasked with identifying and supporting individuals, companies, agencies and organisations across the UK who could benefit from the financial and technical support of ESA Business Applications.
Alan Cross, the Regional Ambassador for North West England & North Wales, is hosted by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), in Daresbury, near Warrington.